Thoughts on University of Kentucky Athletics, the textbook industry, and the ridiculousness of American politics.

Thursday, January 3, 2008

Andre the Giant




This post pays homage to my childhood WWF hero and to my favorite UK football player of all time, Andre Woodson. Today, I was fortunate enough to spend some time with the latter.
As I have mentioned before, the past two years of UK football have been a transformation, not only for the football program, but also for me as a Kentucky fan. Basketball may be king in the bluegrass, but this year's senior class brought a sense of euphoria to the commonwealth not experienced since 1998's basketball championship.

Naturally, an element of stature resonates with a group (senior class) that rises above severe adversity and succeeds at an incredibly high level. However, I found Andre to be as humble and sincerely nice person as any I have ever met. The future NFL player also found it appropriate to spend a little time with My Old Kentucky Gnome.







No comments: