Thoughts on University of Kentucky Athletics, the textbook industry, and the ridiculousness of American politics.

Monday, January 21, 2008

SWEET SIXTEEN

I'd like to go ahead and get one thing out in the open before I proceed- I'm a pretty big fan of cheerleaders. In fact, I married a former cheerleader. So, when I heard the University of Kentucky Cheerleaders won their 16th National Championship this past weekend I felt compelled to write a quick note about it.

The squad was nervous only because they had to go first. In the cheer world this is a little tough because you can't sit back and watch the others to see what you have to beat. On the other hand, when you go out and put up a good routine like our beloved Cats, you get to put the heat on the rest of the competition. Sure, it's nerve racking to sit around and watch once you're done and unable to influence the outcome any further, but when you're as dominant as this squad it doesn't matter.

No comments: