Thoughts on University of Kentucky Athletics, the textbook industry, and the ridiculousness of American politics.

Sunday, January 6, 2008

A Loserville Lickin'



I will admit that yesterday's battle between UK and UofL was about what I expected. Still suffering from a football hangover, this years basketball saga has become a bit of an afterthought for me. We are not a good team. Once this is accepted as fact, the losses really don't sting that bad. Even though we were spanked by a coach that I despise as a human being and possibly the most unlikeable group of Louisville Cardinals in the history of the institution, I'm not really smarting from the game.

Give the Devil His Due: On a coaching note, I will say that Pitino did win the battle. UK's four guard lineup threw off Louisville's game plan in the first half. Pitino adjusted accordingly at half time, as UK's line up was rendered useless in the 2nd half.

Now we move on to the SEC, and what an interesting 16 games it will be.

No comments: