Thoughts on University of Kentucky Athletics, the textbook industry, and the ridiculousness of American politics.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Long time reader...


What's up Cleveland!!! What? Oh, hey Lexington, I am a long time reader, 1st time blogger, so bear with me as I get my flow correct. That being said, I will try to contribute a fresh-ish vibe to this blog, while holding up the high bar set by the fine gentlemen that started this blog.

On with the show!!!!

In the vein of the great movies that have been out, I will go with another Denzel action piece. Man on Fire. Brief summary via IMDB:
In Mexico City, the former CIA assassin and presently an alcoholic decadent man John Creasy (Denzel Washington) is hired by the industrialist Samuel Ramos (Marc Anthony), with the recommendation of his old friend Rayburn (Christopher Walken), to be the bodyguard of his young daughter Pita (Dakota Fanning) and his wife Lisa (Radha Mitchell). Pita changes the behavior of the cold Creasy, making him live and smile again, and he feels a great affection for her. When the girl is kidnapped Creasy swears to kill each one responsible for the abduction.
Kick back and check this one out. Great lines, great music and Christopher Walken.
Senior Bowl moments, W. Woodyard played great, Tamme had a couple of catches, Little ran alright and Andre had a good touchdown pass but fumbled and took a safety. Most importantly, the UK players were sporting some new looking decals on their helmets. Is that a sign of new merchandise? We will let you know when we find out more news.
That is my final word.

2 comments:

Klive Jr said...

One question for the infamous cocobear: why does the little girl in Man on Fire act so old? If I were Denzel, and i do often think of myself as a young Denzel minus the dollars. But if I was gunna protect a little girl I'd find one that couldn't hold down the fort for herself. This little blonde headed girl convinced me that she was about 20 years of age stuck in a ten year old body..... kinda reminds me of Ellen Page

In the words of Howard Dean "BYAAAAAHHHHH!!!"

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.